The more the gospel saturates our church the healthier we will become. It is our hope the following would be seen in the lives of those who attend CrossWay:
- A clear understanding of the gospel with the ability to articulate it to others.
- A noticeable change in our life because of the gospel. Sometimes this may be dramatic, but more often the believer will experience a “drip-by-drip” effect.
- Continued growth in seeing how to connect the gospel to every area of life – whether food, grades, parenting, fighting against sin, money, etc.
We all need the gospel every day, and we desire to be a people that never grow bored with the gospel and set it aside, instead we desire that our love and appreciation for the good news excels, and moves us to share it with the lost world all around us. For God is on a gospel mission of redemption and renewal, and He intends for this mission to flow through us. (1 Cor. 15:1-8; Col. 1:3-6; Titus 3:1-8; Phil. 2:12-13; Eph. 3:14-21; Rom. 10:14-15; 1 Pet. 2:9; 3:15).
- How would you articulate the gospel? What illustration can you give to help even a child understand it?
- What is one area of life that you sometimes have trouble seeing how the gospel relates to it? Who will you discuss this with, and when?
- Who is one person you are talking to about the good news of God’s redemption? What part of the gospel do you think might resonate with them most (i.e. what might they long for that only the gospel truly provides)?